A good heart is one of the foremost features of a healthy lifestyle. This organ is responsible for sufficient blood circulation which transports nutrients to all parts of the body. Keeping the heart healthy will therefore ensure that the entire body remains healthy. Here are six simple tips that will ensure that you maintain a healthier heart.
- Walk for at least half an hour each day. If possible find a partner who will support you and keep you company. Walking keeps the heart muscles pumping and in good shape.
- Always keep tabs on your blood pressure and ensure that it is maintained at 115/75. This can be done through regular exercise and maintain a low sugar, low fat diet.
- Consume at least 30 grams of nuts each day. Nuts contain healthy cholesterol and fatty acids which are good for the heart. However, you should ensure that they the nuts are fresh and unsalted to fully benefit from their natural goodness.
- Regular dental flossing may not be considered an aspect of heart health but it is. Flossing is important in preventing inflammation in arteries which is a common cause of heart disease. Periodontal disease is a common cause of poor blood flow to the heart.
- Keep your consumption of saturated fat to less than 20 grams. Saturated fats, also known as trans fats lead to inflammation of arteries which is not good for your heart.