Factory manufactured bread may is usually high in gluten and may also contain food preservatives and coloring that is not good for your health. A healthier option is to bake your own bread. Banana bread is a great choice because it is not only nutritious but also tasty. Today we will share with you a simple recipe for banana bread which you can try out at home.
- One and a half cups of whole wheat flour
- Pinch of Salt
- A quarter teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Sour Dough
- A quarter cup of honey, maple syrup or sugar
- A teaspoon of Cinnamon
- Three Quarter teaspoon of allspice
- Half a teaspoon yeast
- Two table spoons of butter
- 4 ripe bananas
- A quarter cup of water
- A teaspoon of baking soda
- Corn Flour for dusting
- Sift one and a half cups of whole wheat flour, add salt, black pepper. Add half a cup of sour dough, yeast and butter.
- Add the cinnamon, allspice and sugar/honey/maple syrup
- Use a fork to mash the bananas and add to the mix
- Boil the water, add the baking soda and add to the mix
- Ensure that the batter is thick
- Sprinkle some corn flour and butter on a backing pan and place the batter
- Bake for about 1 hour at 350°F (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.