Chia seeds are considered one of the healthiest foods due to their high nutrient content which is vital for brain and body functions. Here are 5 benefits of consuming chia seeds on a regular basis.
- Chia seeds have the advantage of being able to deliver a high amount of nutrients with few calories. The tiny black seeds were revered by the ancient Mayans due to their ability to offer sustainable energy. The seeds are packed with Omega 3 fatty acids, protein, fiber as well as other micronutrients.
- Chia seeds have a high concentration of anti-oxidants that help in building the body’s immune system. The antioxidants also help to protect the essential delicate fats that are contained in the seeds.
- Chia seeds are a great source of high protein and amino acids. This means that they are a great weightloss-friendly food source especially for those who want an alternative to animal protein.
- Chia seeds contain a high amount of fiber and this goes a long way in enhancing the process of food digestion.
- Chia seeds are versatile and can be consumed in various ways such as sprinkling it on other food, adding to smoothies, as a pastry topping etc.