Recipe For Delicious and Healthy Banana Bread
Healthy Recipes November 18, 2015
Factory manufactured bread may is usually high in gluten and may also contain food preservatives and coloring that is not good for your health. A healthier option is to bake your own bread. Banana bread is a great choice because it is not only nutritious but also tasty. Today we will share with you a simple recipe for banana bread which you can try out at home.
- One and a half cups of whole wheat flour
- Pinch of Salt
- A quarter teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Sour Dough
- A quarter cup of honey, maple syrup or sugar
- A teaspoon of Cinnamon
- Three Quarter teaspoon of allspice
- Half a teaspoon yeast
- Two table spoons of butter
- 4 ripe bananas
- A quarter cup of water
- A teaspoon of baking soda
- Corn Flour for dusting
- Sift one and a half cups of whole wheat flour, add salt, black pepper. Add half a cup of sour dough, yeast and butter.
- Add the cinnamon, allspice and sugar/honey/maple syrup
- Use a fork to mash the bananas and add to the mix
- Boil the water, add the baking soda and add to the mix
- Ensure that the batter is thick
- Sprinkle some corn flour and butter on a backing pan and place the batter
- Bake for about 1 hour at 350°F (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.